8/2/17

The Chronicles of Narnia: All 7 of Them

Yes, it's been almost 3 months since my last review, but I have a good excuse.

I'm not the fastest reader, so it takes time to get through 7 books, even if each one isn't as long as The Fellowship of the Ring.

I just now finished reading all 7 books of The Chronicles of Narnia, in order.

  1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
  2. Prince Caspian
  3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  4. The Silver Chair
  5. The Horse and His Boy
  6. The Magician's Nephew
  7. The Last Battle

Years ago, I would read #1, #6, and #7 to my 3rd grade class. In those three, C. S. Lewis covers Easter (#1), Creation (#6), and Judgment Day (#7).

I figured that was a pretty fair representation of the series: where we came from, why we're here, and where we'll be going.

You could probably correlate the other books to some biblical event too, but none do it as well as those three.

Not to downplay the importance of the Bible at all, but there are times when Lewis makes it all sound more exciting.

So obviously, I recommend all of these books for you...oh, and your children too.